Vacation, Medical and Newtown CT....

Yesterday was my last day of work for 2 weeks. Like I've always said, It's not good for my finances, but it's great for my peace and piece of mind :-) I don't have plans, specifically, just whatever we do, we do. It's just nice to refresh my mind every now and then, working with 500+ kids every day.

Since finding out I am now a diabetic, I've been taking my readings every morning and they've been good. I thought for sure that this morning's reading was going to be HIGH because I had a piece of bbq rib late last night, but THANK GOD,  my reading was real good, 105. :-) WHEW! Since finding out, and starting meds, I've been feeling 100% than I was before. I was tired, tired tired, thinking my thyroid medicine needed upping, but that wasn't it. I don't know that I have more energy, but I have MORE than what I did before. I feel almost normal, just wish it didn't take meds to get me there. :-) Other than that, I'm healthy :-)

The shooting in Newtown, CT was so devastating! Like many, I was glued to the tv, with the same question, WHY!? These were BABIES and parents and sisters and brothers, and why!? A question that will probably never get answered or make sense. I went to work that day, hugged the kids and happier to see their little faces. The other question that I see a lot is, "Where was God!?"  Amazing that a so called, "Man of God" blames this incident, as with others, on the belief that this happened because we have systemmatically taken God out of our schools. Such BULLSHIT. GOD was there, protecting those that survived as well. A couple of days after, a friend made a status, "I am not affiliated with any particular religion or faith, but I believe that God isn't *not* in schools. The infinite positive energy that is God is everywhere all the time. God can't be harnessed...allowed or not allowed. God is both in our cells and millions of lightyears away in our universe and beyond what we know." (KLA)  and then to hear this, this morning on tv, "As a Christian, if you believe God is Omnipotent and Omnipresent, as people of Faith do, then you can't take GOD out of anything..." Anthea Butler-Univ. of PA. (regarding Huckabee's "where was God" comments in Newtown, CT.) makes me appreciative of the validation of my own thoughts and feelings.Seems to me that people like Mike Huckabee and Newt Gingrich and the others that ask, "where was God?" seem to have it wrong...

Well, life is calling me again, gotta go take care of something...have a great day and will write again soon!

Peace....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Can't Make This Stuff Up....

Like Father Like Daughter- Part Deux

Say Her Name.....